Winterim enables students to discover and develop their individual interests and talents through immersion in a single course of study over a two week period.
All Forman students and faculty participate in Winterim at the beginning of March, before Spring break. The centerpiece of Forman School’s commitment to experiential education, Winterim is an exploration of subjects and ideas not taught in a traditional classroom setting, allowing for examination of important issues and the pursuit of new endeavors.
Because students with different learning styles tend to excel as innovators, entrepreneurs, creators and leaders, Winterim is designed to give students experience in and opportunity for applying skills that lay a foundation for their talents.
2018 Winterim Offerings
2017 Winterim Offerings and Links
- The History and Making of Card and Board Games
- Starting a Business: Lessons from Entrepreneurs
- Early Childhood Education
- Screening War, Revolution, and Peace
- Automotive Repair and Restoration
- College Tours of the Northeast
- Fab Lab Fab Skis
- The Riddle of Steel
- Forman Makes A Movie
- A Study in Artisan Foods
- Exploring the Trout Ecosystem
- California: Tracing the San Andreas Fault
- Atlanta: Civil War to Civil Rights and Beyond
- Barrier Reef Ecology: Belize
- The Mexican Yucatan: Gateway to the Mayan Culture
- Iceland’s Vikings and Volcanoes: The History and Science of Iceland’s Past
- Majestic Japan
- Rome and Pompeii: Ancient Wonders
- Cuba: Viva La Musica!
- Ring of Fire: Bali, Indonesia
Follow us on Instagram!