Winterim enables students to discover and develop their individual interests and talents through immersion in a single course of study over a two week period.
All Forman students and faculty participate in Winterim at the beginning of March, before Spring break. The centerpiece of Forman School’s commitment to experiential education, Winterim is an exploration of subjects and ideas not taught in a traditional classroom setting, allowing for examination of important issues and the pursuit of new endeavors.
Because students with different learning styles tend to excel as innovators, entrepreneurs, creators, and leaders, Winterim is designed to give students experience in and opportunity for applying skills that lay a foundation for their talents.
2019 Winterim Offerings
For full course descriptions for 2019 click here.
- Animation History & Appreciation
- Art World-NYC & New England
- Be A Marine Biologist
- The Lyrics of The Beatles
- A Cinematic Experience of World War II
- College Tours of New England
- Early Childhood Education Experience
- Forman Makes a Movie
- Industrial Furniture
- Molecular Gastronomy
- Sports and American History
- Spain and Portugal: Miles of Tiles - Art and Azulejos
- Charleston and Savannah: A Tale of Two Civil War Cities
- Chile: Past and Present
- Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland: The Holocaust in Europe
- Ireland: The Vikings
- Israel: Ancient to Modern Culture
- Italy: Cucina Italiana/Emilia Romagna
- Prague, Vienna and Budapest: The Architectural East
- Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina: South America: The Human Atlas
- Thailand and Cambodia: Journey to Ancient Asian Cultures
Follow us on Instagram!