This course will be an opportunity for students to learn about the financial industry, particularly Wall Street and the Stock Market, as well as other financial fields. Through real-world simulations and hands on exercises, students will delve into the stock market and explore its various tenets. Participation in industry analysis, creating their own portfolio, and simulating trading sessions would be the crux of the Winterim. Students will develop a formal presentation that explains their reasons for investment selections, including a detailed financial analysis of at least one Fortune 500 Company. The Winterim will also include a trip to NYC and a possible tour of the trading floor. Experts from the financial/business industry will also be providing lectures and discussions. We will spend a few days discussing what it takes to open up and run a small business from scratch. Participants will be exposed to the small business world within Litchfield County and learn the basics of being a small business owner.
A Franchise in Litchfield?
Task of the Day - Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Task: You have decided that you want to open a franchise in Litchfield. The location will be behind the CVS store in town. You will need to build completely from scratch and literally start from the foundation up. Your task today is to create a google slides presentation whereby you convince me, the bank manager to give you a loan for the amount of money that you believe you will need to get everything up and running in order to have a successful business and not go bankrupt. The bank manager has asked for the following information:
- What franchise do you hope to start?
- Why is Litchfield a good location for this franchise?
- What are the franchise fees?
- How do you hope to advertise?
- What are your size requirements for your business? How big is the store, parking lot?
- What will your business look like inside?
- How much will it cost for you to get started - break this number down into construction costs, franchise fees, buying equipment, etc… (research what you would need)
- When looking at your franchise, why would someone want to spend money at your business? what sets you apart from the competition?
Choose groups to clone to: