Winterim enables students to discover and develop their individual interests and talents through immersion in a single course of study over a two week period.
All Forman students and faculty participate in Winterim at the beginning of March, before Spring break. The centerpiece of Forman School’s commitment to experiential education, Winterim is an exploration of subjects and ideas not taught in a traditional classroom setting, allowing for examination of important issues and the pursuit of new endeavors.
Because students with different learning styles tend to excel as innovators, entrepreneurs, creators, and leaders, Winterim is designed to give students experience in and opportunity for applying skills that lay a foundation for their talents.
2018-2019 Winterim Blogs
- The Architectural East-Prague, Vienna & Budapest
- Chile-Past and Present
- The Holocaust in Europe (Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland)
- Italy-Cucina Italiana
- South America-The Human Atlas (Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay)
- Spain and Portugal-Miles of Tiles-Art & Azulejos
- Charleston & Savannah-A Tale of Two Civil War Cities
- Thailand & Cambodia-Journey to Ancient Asian Culture
- Ireland-The Vikings in Ireland
- Animation History and Appreciation
- Art World-NYC & New England
- Be a Marine Biologist
- A Cinematic Experience of World War II
- College Tours of New England
- Early Childhood Education Experience
- Industrial Furniture: A Combination of Metal and Wood
- Molecular Gastronomy
- Forman Makes a Movie
- Sports and American History
- Ingenu-Ski: Custom Made Skis
Follow us on Instagram!