Winterim enables students to discover and develop their individual interests and talents through immersion in a single course of study over a two week period.
All Forman students and faculty participate in Winterim at the beginning of March, before Spring Break. The centerpiece of Forman School’s commitment to experiential education, Winterim is an exploration of subjects and ideas not taught in a traditional classroom setting, allowing for examination of important issues and the pursuit of new endeavors.
Because students with different learning styles tend to excel as innovators, entrepreneurs, creators, and leaders, Winterim is designed to give students experience in and opportunity for applying skills that lay a foundation for their talents.
2019-2020 Winterim Blogs
- Inside Advertising
- Ancestry: Discovering Your Heritage Through Genealogy
- A Cinematic Experience of World War II
- Coaching the Athlete, Team, and You
- College Tours of New England
- Early Childhood Education
- Forman Makes A Movie
- The Future of Food
- History of Rock and Roll
- Industrial Furniture
- Riddle of Steel
- England and Wales: History and Identity in the United Kingdom
- Fly Fishing in TN Valley
- Galapagos: Darwin's Expedition
- California: The Information Superhighway
- Costa Rica: The Rainforest Project
- Seattle/Vancouver: Technomics
- DC and Hawaii: Lasting Legacy of WW II
- New Mexico Art & Culture
- New Orleans Food Culture